Two weeks and nothing?? (ok maybe a little more than two weeks) I know, I know, I’ve been a bad blog-mother. Here are the things that have been happening in that time:
- I got a job (duh) so my cooking “free time” has been limited.
- I got a job, so my running/workout time has been limited (you may see this translated to some healthier recipes…or not, I haven’t decided yet)
- The weather is getting colder and darker, therefore I have been basing my runs around when I can actually still see the sun, which will change once we set back the stupid clocks thus weekend (sidenote: normally a changing back of the clocks is cool for one reason-an extra hour at the bar. I say “normally” because I don’t feel as though I’ll be able to take advantage of this annual booze-filled celebration since I still don’t know too many people here (read: about 3, maybe 3 people), and johns not what we’d call a “take advantage of being at the bar until 3 rather than the normal 2” type of guy). So once the change takes place it’s nighttime running for me. And hopefully hilarious injury stories for you.
- I have toyed with the idea of signing up for a marathon for spring…we’ll see where that goes. I ran a marathon in may of 2011 (you can read about my wacky journey here) and swore I’d never run one again due to the injuries, time commitments, laziness, lack of television watching, etc etc. I’ve run several half marathons since then, which are a nice distance for me. But I digress from the more important issues: food.
- My SD card in my camera stopped working after a 3 hour photoshoot for work, so I was temporarily unable to take pretty pretty pictures for this blog. And what’s a food blog without pretty pretty pictures anyways?
- I opened one of the jars of my canned salsa…and I didn’t get sick! It’s good too! I have it on eggs every chance I get (including this morning…and yesterday)
- I have discovered how delicious Quaker Sweet Chili Rice Cakes are. Trust me. Try them. (I’m also surprised you can purchase them online on Amazon)
- With my new time constraints I find myself doing the dishes less, which I’m bummed of because I’m slipping into my old ways (read: never doing the dishes, and a general lack of cleaning up after myself), so I’m trying to correct this as well.
- I went to the Detroit Beer Festival last weekend. There isn’t really a story, just lots of really good beer.
- I received a great comment on my The Art of the Leftover (Plus Some Hard Cider) from the General Manager of The Produce Station about hard ciders (which reminds me I never followed up on the Totally Roasted Cider. Unfortunately I still didn’t come around after the tasting, but they had some that were really amazing! He left some tips, so hopefully you’ll be seeing some Hard Cider-centric posts shortly…
However, I have a brand new SD card, ingredients to make 4 delicious dishes this week, residual hurricane sandy weather keeping me inside, and a neglected blog to do some sucking up to. So hold on to your hats, it’s time to re-enter flavor country…with a vengeance.